JenKelRelDesigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our place to Hangout

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did everyone's weekends finish up?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

How did everyone's weekends finish up? Empty
PostSubject: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 am

Kel- how are things at your place? Any news on your Dad's biopsy results? How are your sister's wedding plans coming along- and is she still driving you insane? Any markets this weekend?

Jen- How is that new mower going? Did you make your 3 boys work hard all weekend and get all the jobs done? That must have been nice having them all home with you!

Tom and I had a great day today watching Bathurst... made all the better by the fact that our boys got 1st (and 2nd!)!!!! I got lots and lots of ironing done and am now all caught up on the washing from our trip!

Meg had a special day too! All around the world today Guides renewed their promise at 10am on 10/10/10 as part of the centenary celebrations. Victorian Guides held a special ceremony at Melbourne town hall (it was 'sposed to be at Government house but they had to change it as the last minute coz no one had realised that the road into Government house would be closed for the Melbourne marathon. Mum and Meg booked to go, but I didnt because I had made a promise to Tom that for as long as he wants to, I will always watch Bathurst with him. That promise was really tested a few weeks back when I was asked by Guides Victoria to please attend because the premiere was coming and he was going to present the 1st new $1.00 Girl Guide coins to 3 generations of guides (Mum, me and Meg). Even with that, I couldnt break my promise to Tom so my sister went instead. Meg was very excited (we only told her last night!) and she got to chat to John Brumby and get her coin presented by him!!! I'm waiting on the official photos so I can scrap them!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:19 am

WOW - special for Meg.

Embarassed - I haven't forgotten Tom's birthday - I have just been out of control!!!! I have missed about 5 birthdays but am getting on to them 2nite! He can just celebrate a bit longer - please apologise to him - I hate that I was so organised for Meg and not Tom Crying or Very sad

I soooo want to see photos of the new ride-on Jen - I've always wanted a turn on one! Maybe a Jen visit needs to be slotted in... Wink

I haven't been able to speak with Mum or Dad for a couple of days - I'm going by the silence that nothing 'major' was found but I will wait and see - sometimes Mum is funny, a minor thing is a big drama and big things don't get told - very hard to figure out sometimes!!!

I did have a Market yesterday which turned out to be a family occasion with Danny and the kids joining me so we could spend a bit of time together - it was kind of cool!

Counting down now...
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:29 pm

Familes are funny sometimes Kel, that sounds just like mine - major things happen (like a baby is born) and people don't get too fussed, then something small happens (like the dog has fleas) and everyone gets in knots. I just try to keep out of the politics. If its important someone will tell me eventually.

I've had a tiring weekend, but we did some good work. The ride-on is fun ( a big strong throbbing engine to sit on for a few hours going round in circles). The boys slashed, burnt, sprayed and sawed, but only stayed Saturday.
Sunday was a case of one disaster after another, first my battery was flat, then the trailer (complete with half filled 1000L water tank) upended, then I left my keys on Daren's car and found them 5 kms down the road.......

but we did get lots done, and there's still lots more. Now I'm tired.

the market sounds cool Kel.
and I'm proud of your committment to a promise for Tom. He must feel soooo special (and he is). meg's pics are great. Maybe a little work in photoshop, if you want to send them over.

4 sleeps to go (and the first of them will be very very soon.)
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 pm

I spent an hour on the phone with my younger sister this evening - not so pleasant... but apparently, she is Mum's messenger atm. Dad has been hospitalised since last week, the spots on his lungs and liver are cancer and he is starting intensive chemo this Thursday. While I expressed my dislike at being told half the sotry and then not being told anything, I was quickly cut down by being told "I'm not getting into this" by my younger sister. Oh well, that's ok, I'll just use my imagination to think of all horrible things because I haven;t been able to get in touch with anyone for 4 days, then I'll cry for hours, then I'll take it out on my own two wonderful kids who don't deserve it and Danny who has enough of his own problems.... blah, blah.... CRAP..... I'm going to bed and hope I wake with a more positive attitude tomorrow (and hope my kids are talking to me by tomorrow)... and great, I'll go to the Dr tomorrow and my blood pressure will be sky high - again, I say CRAP!!!! ok, off to bed for me!!!
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:36 am

(((((((((((((((((((Huge Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you got some sleep last night and are feeliong better today!
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:52 am

Relsi wrote:
(((((((((((((((((((Huge Hugs))))))))))))))))))))

Hope you got some sleep last night and are feeliong better today!

Zero sleep, but working from home today so that helps a bit.... got a Cleaner coming around to quote (fingers crossed it works out, I'm getting desparate) and a Window Cleaner for a quote (they are so filthy you can't even see out of them) Embarassed

Maybe if my house gets back to some level of cleanliness, my sanity might return (a little anyway)... Smile
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 am

I so understand that! I feel so much more in control when my house in order!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:45 am

dont' let them beat you down Kel, and don't let your imagination make you sick (its called catastrophising - Ie making things bigger, worse than they really are). If your sister wants to behave like that, let her.

be easy on yourself, and the cleaner is a wonderful idea.
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:05 am

I'm very excited, Cleaner starts tomorrow and she seems lovely! Phew, crossed one thing off my list.

On the Dr note... well, I knew it wouldn't be good! Record high on the blood pressure but as I explained, 'doin' it a bit tough atm, so instead of just putting me on medication, she wants me to do the 24 hour monitor thing, then go from there. Also, the Borsitis in my elbow is back - I knocked it quite bad and apparently the fluid build up is what causes the pain and numbness through my arm - so on antiobiotics for that..... grr...

Oh well, on one good note - I spoke at length with the various people/mgrs at work about Dad this morning, pressure etc. and they have been great, very understanding and basically given me free reign to come and go as I need to, so that is a load off! I needed today at home and even though going to the Dr and talking to Mum at various times today has been wearing, it's better than trying to juggle work into that mix.

If I add all of that up - I need a weekend away with my buds!!!!! Ok, you talked me into it.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:11 am

As always... our timing is perfect! A weekend together just when you need it most Kel!

Hope your elbow gets better soon, and I'm glad to hear that work are being flexible.

Re the cleaner.... dont do what my Mum used to make us do and run around stupid cleaning up before the cleaner comes! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone's weekends finish up?   How did everyone's weekends finish up? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did everyone's weekends finish up?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JenKelRelDesigns :: General chatting-
Jump to: