JenKelRelDesigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our place to Hangout

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jen

Jen

HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill Empty
PostSubject: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 am

Yep, it's raining.
We've had over 80mms in 24 hours and another 24hours of rain planned.
It's flooded EVERYWHERE.
We drove to the local store to catch up on the gossip and have a coffee. We had to turn back on Gandini Lane as the water was wide and deep.
We got to the shop driving through some decent sized rivers across the road and then coming home the best route was completely blocked off by a big tree across the road. We ended driving back up Gandini (with me having a scary attack). We were in Daren's car (not 4WD as my car has a flat battery and i'm waiting for a new one to be delivered.)

I'm expecting that I won't be able to get to Wang for the footy finals tomorrow (if the finals still happen) and probably can't even get out to go to Melbourne on Monday. Woo hoo.... this is amazing and scary too, there is soooo much water around.

They are expecing Benalla to flood in the main streets.

At least we live on the top of a hill. I have food, I have scrapping supplies, I have a gas bottle and light/ stove and I have lots of wood to keep the fire stoked and I am safe. Don't think I'm moving for a while.

Check out the BOM site and click on the Yarrawonga radar. We are somewhere in the middle
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:46 am

Oh my goodness Jen! I've been worrying about how you were going!! I've been watching the BOM site, and of course Steven's phone is constantly going off with alerts and warnings!

Hope that your forced hibernation results in lots of great scrapping creations!!
Back to top Go down
http://scrapperazzi.blogspot.com/
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 am

Yes, we are listening to local ABC as reports of flooding, evacuation of Euroa Caravan Park, the road to Yea (perhaps I'm secretly hoping I don't have to go to work for a week - just joking, It's quiet scary).
and the rain is amazing, we've had another 20mm in just 3 hours, so far we are up to 80mms, with another full day to go.
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:26 am

It's such an amazing contrast to 12 months ago isn't it?

How are the alpacas coping with all the rain? Not getting stuck in the mud are they?

Steve wants to know if you have had an emergency alert on your mobile yet? They have activated some (and that's been one of his projectes since the bushfires so he's interested to hear how its working!)

I'm very glad we decided a few weeks ago not to go camping! We were going to head towards Avoca but they have had flooded caravan parks up that way and are evacuating houses etc!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 am

Interesting about the alert, I got the alert on my work mobile (telstra) but neither of us have had the alerts on our personal mobiles (both are on '3'

i'm glad you didn't go camping too! it wouldn't have only been pinapple cruiser making your bedding wet.
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:47 am

Jen wrote:
Interesting about the alert, I got the alert on my work mobile (telstra) but neither of us have had the alerts on our personal mobiles (both are on '3'

i'm glad you didn't go camping too! it wouldn't have only been pinapple cruiser making your bedding wet.

Its done by billing address- so your work phone bill must go to an address that is in potential flood danger.

I'm guessing the Benella lake is now full! No scootering around the track for the kids!!
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:14 am

The BOM have issued a minor flood warning for the creek in our town! No where near us and will have no impact on us or my Mum and Dad- but I'm amazed! The last time the creek flooded was when Steven was working in Canberra after the Tsunami!!
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:39 pm

LOL all that food in your pantry (from the last scare) might actually come in handy. Batten down the hatches my love
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 am

Jen wrote:
LOL all that food in your pantry (from the last scare) might actually come in handy. Batten down the hatches my love

PMSL!! Got through most of that food (eventually!!)

Gosh the wind came through strong during the night! Didi it bring down any trees at your place Jen?
Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:19 am

We finally have that swimming pool we've been waiting for!!! Shocked Wow Jen, it sounds like such fun at your place. Narelle, I'm glad you didn't go camping or should I say scuba diving????? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:30 am

WEll we've survived, but i"m not sure that Euroa and Benalla did.
We've been out and about taking some photos and i'll try to upload some tonight.

man there is a lot of water around - Benalla was cut in half and you couldn't get from one side to another.

Back to top Go down
keljoy

keljoy

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 am

It is incredible isn't it? I just can't believe how much rain we've had!!! Take care driving out and about in this weather... you're not allowed to break my buddies (you guys that is)... no injuries or hurts allowed!!!
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

How are the flood waters around your area now Jen?
Back to top Go down
Jen

Jen

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

we are all dry now and the roads are clear, (almost dry, some minor roads are still running)
YOu almost can't tell the water has been through except for the rubbish washed up.
Shepparton are now taking the brunt of the Broken River (via Benalla) and Goulburn River (Via Yea area). Looks like a big clean up is needed.
I'm working in Euroa tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what's happening over there.

here are some pics of the Benalla showgrounds (main footy oval) and the park across the road. We had our picnic nearby to this Narelle,

HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill IMG_17752

HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill IMG_18402
Back to top Go down
Relsi
Admin
Relsi

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Oh wow! Yeah... there's the Weary Dunlop statue! Guess the lake is full now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill   HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP needed, we're stuck on a hill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JenKelRelDesigns :: General chatting-
Jump to: